Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continue to meet with Diana Robertson to ensure good relationships with housing & FS; move in day operations were very successful with good communication and response to any reported issues in housing areas.
- Working to resolve GSP HVAC System Repairs (met with Laura Gagliano, Leigh Myers, Vince Avila, Owen Mallonee, Gerry McClaskey, Diana Robertson, Doug Carter, James Modig) to determine corrective actions and responsibilities.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Developed good relations with the Diversity council by meeting with Dr. Nate Thomas. Mr. Vince Avila will be the FS representative to the Diversity Council.
- Continued work on the Year End Review for Campus Operations.
- Continuing work on the APPPA annual submission of Facilities Performance Indicators
- Working with Jamie Simpson to explore reasonable accommodations for several FS employees.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Met with Pam Bray, Lydia Travis and Callie Long to discuss the Paint and Carpet Policy to improve standardization of color selections and provide guidance on billable versus non-billable work.
- Finalized the movement of 6 central Shop positions to zones
- Smith & Boucher Report: Dyche Hall (invited by Barry Swanson)
- Met with Doug Wendel with the Lied Center to discuss ongoing maintenance needs for the Lied Center.
- Looked for options for the relocation of the Zone 3 shop and worked with various departments to search for options.
- Finished road repairs on Sunnyside Ave?
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Worked within FS to discuss better ways to do boiler monitoring.
- Performed outage for Spencer museum to improve metering capability.
- Developed strategy for Natural Gas procurement and working with state to renew contract; increasing variety of approved suppliers. Adopted 3 tier lock-in program at set price points.
- Completed entering inventory items previously unaccounted for in shops & zones
- Continuing tracking of assets and assigning Preventive Maintenance work orders to key assets. Populated over 450 automated PM work orders to date.
- Met with Barry Swanson, Callie Long, Pam Bray, Kathy McCurley, and Rick Beattie to discuss the Grainer Stores Project. Have project plan and Grainger rep working on site. Will be revamping all custodial dens with help from Grainger in coming weeks.