Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Attended meeting regarding the GSP HVAC unit with DCM. And another meeting to look at the Mechanical Issues at GSP.
- Hosted a social gathering for the departure of Jay Phillips which also offered an opportunity for staff to socialize and work together.
- Continue meetings with Doug Carter & Diana Robertson to ensure the proper implementation of the SLA and the best interests for the university.
- Discuss outsourcing of Utility Locates for KU construction projects, added meeting with DCM to discuss the options.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Attended the Performance Module Review Administrative & Finance Stakeholder Review session to drive the Talent Development initiative.
- Attended the Safety Leadership Committee meeting to take part in implementing the campus task force recommendations whenever possible.
- Had a representative attend the Tobacco Free Stakeholders meeting so that FS is a part of these discussions as well as the Diversity Leadership Council meetings.
- Attended a meeting for a possible new attorney for the university.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Regular meeting with zone managers to ensure open lines of communication and efficiencies are being utilized.
- Survey of Facility Workers for Jay Lee, still working on a time frame for this project for the Business School of Research.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Follow up and discussed the Behavioral Energy Position Description & Salary situation.
- Discussed the trash and landfill savings with Eric Nelson of Sustainability to ensure the best economical state for the university’s dollar.
- Continue to work with Grainger to standardize the content of custodial dens and monitor the progress of the Grainger presence at the store room.
- Worked with the Procurement Manager to discuss the contract renewals and savings with Associated Air Products in regards to Malott.
- Attended a meeting to discuss increasing the opportunities for Automated Logic.
- Continue to inventory large items such as Genie Lifts in addition to other large items.