Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Application push mailings and emails about November 1 deadline
- Scholar Day held on October 7 for high ability seniors
- Asian American Leadership Symposium held on October 9
- Senior Day on October 11
- Additional Jayhawk Day campus visits held from October 16-19. More than 1,000 students and guests visited in three days.
- Saturday visit on October 19
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- No new updates.
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Met with IT to discuss transfer credit evaluation needs
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Post-admit mailings and emails being sent
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- Through name purchases, our web efforts, and by collecting names from students participating in education fairs we have participated in, we have added over 20,000 international prospective student names to our client relations management system. We are now in the process of reaching out to these students to educate them about KU and encourage inquiries.
- The recruitment team is building a student ambassador program on campus with currently enrolled students to help with outreach efforts to prospective students and admitted students.
- The unit is further developing its armchair recruitment initiatives – following up via distance technologies (social media, interactive video, email and CRM campaigns).
- Participated in a NAFSA professional workshop on effective use of agents in international student recruitment.
- Participated in a NAFSA professional workshop on strategic recruitment planning.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- IRUA will be attending a community college transfer fair in Seattle, Washington. Will be exploring opportunities for the development of undergraduate articulation agreements with 6 community colleges from around the United States.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- We have purchased 10,000 names of TOEFL test takers and international SAT test takers to enable us to actively reach out to prospective students interested in studying in the U.S.