KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Hired Grants Specialist, interviewing additional candidates for second position.
- Conducted exit interview with departing employee.
- Annual RA 101 sessions are still underway.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- The Click IRB product is scheduled to be updated in November, which will include several enhancements and bug fixes. Staff on both campuses are making preparations for the upgrade. Downtime is expected to occur after work hours or on a weekend.
- The PeopleSoft AR-Billing project continues as scheduled. Data and business process issues affecting implementation are being addressed, most recently with reconciliation processes being addressed for key tables within PeopleSoft.
- A pending update PeopleSoft financials will allow KUCR to better track information in regards to the NSF HERD survey, which occurs on a yearly basis. In addition to updating PeopleSoft, KUCR is initiating business process in order to more accurately represent research topics for this report.
- Updates to the base code used for KUCR forecasting is nearly complete. Due to the Research Data Integrity project, it will be possible to more accurately represent award and proposal amounts for the forecast.
- Wellspring Sophia (KUIC) refinements and additional functionality continue to be addressed. New user guides have been provided to staff, and the addition of custom invoicing templates continues.
- Reviewing training options for implementation of using Image Now for budget summary distribution.
- Obtained additional queries for transaction review.
- Inquire about additional training for utilizing KUPPS reports for transaction review and random audit.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- The KUCR QA initiative continues with new QA queries and responsibilities being added monthly. A presentation by the QA team to KUCR executive leadership is scheduled for October 30.
- Continue clean-up for AR/BI project.
- Met with Payroll Adjustments Office to find solutions to minimize Retroactive Funding Adjustments that are acceptable to Payroll and RGS.
- Continue discussion with CLAS SSC for roll out of the 3G form (GRA,GTA,GA) for processing payroll and tuition sponsorships simultaneously.
- RGS Accounting held a Research Accounting training session with approximately twenty-six (26) members of the LAS-SSC on Wednesday, October 9th. Topics included A-21 cost accounting, travel documentation, per diem exception policy, KUPPS justification and documentation and participant payments.