KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- This project is complete
KU Regional Shared Service Center Implementation: to streamline job functions and improve business processes
- The managers of the LAS-SSC and the SSC project team met to brainstorm ways that metrics could be used to ensure SSC success, track staff performance, etc.
- The LAS-SSC received training from KUCR related to processing grant transactions.
- Dean Anderson and Karla Williams administered a live poll and a follow-up survey at the CLAS Chair & Director meeting to identify issues faced by units as a result of the SSC transition.
- The LAS-SSC research staff will be located in 345 Strong. Existing research staff currently located in 50 Strong as well as research staff transitioning with Wave 4 will move to 345 around the December 10th go-live date.
- Karla Williams, Mark Reynolds, and the LAS-SSC managers completed their initial meetings with the Wave 4 Chairs/Directors.
- Cindy Nau was selected as the director of the Biobehavioral and Social Research SSC. Cindy currently works at the Department of Commerce as the Executive Director of the Kansas Works Board. She starts on October 28th and implementation planning for the BSR-SSC will begin immediately.
- Interviews for the director of the Campus Administration and Operations SSC continued.