Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Held two productive meetings on GSP HVAC issues with DCM, DSH, Contractors, Designers and Equipment Suppliers to define corrective actions and resolve problems with HVAC systems. Substantial corrective work is planned for winter break period from 12/22/14 to 1/14/15.
- Working with Student Housing in preparation for tour of facilities in conjunction with ACUHOI/APPA conference at the end of October. Several FS representatives will attend conference.
- FS representatives attended Big XII Housing conference during this time period, representing KU and benchmarking with other universities on issues as well as obtaining valuable training.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- FS representatives attended CAPPA conference during this time period, representing KU and benchmarking with other universities on issues as well as obtaining valuable training.
- Met on pilot for Performance Management Module review with HR. Admin & Finance units will work with this tool first and provide feedback to HR.
- Presented FS communications tools to Compliance Partners Network to review Quarterly Foghorn, FS End-of Year report and EAC initiatives.
- Presented FS EAC Employee of Month for October to William Bagwell in Zone 5. Congratulations Bags!
- Completed and submitted FS end-of-year report for Campus Operations, with great feedback.
- Completed and distributed September edition of the Foghorn.
- Worked with Sustainability/Recycling on servicing of new outside dual receptacles for both trash and recycling. FS will service both sides on Mondays and Recycling will take Wednesdays, and each will service their own side on Fridays. If bin is less than half full, it won’t be emptied until next service day.
- Met to discuss Employees Advisory Council meeting results, finalized feedback and distributed meeting minutes to all FS staff.
- Met with Campus Security and Safety committee and consultant to review proposals and progress for electronic building locking systems and KU proposed policy and vision in these critical areas.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Worked with DCM and Campus Ops to identify funding for RTU #1 coil replacement in Malott Hall. Work must occur before really cold weather sets in.
- Submitted Zone Planner PD to HR for review of title and salary recommendation.
- Provided FS input for R&R Program, including prioritized project recommendations to include for funding in future years.
- Worked with Edwards campus to transition their fire alarm system testing to Simplex contract instead of FS electronic technicians traveling 2 hours round trip to perform testing and work.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Conducted interviews and selected candidate for Energy Technician position. Made preliminary offer and negotiating salary this week.
- Developed PD and working with Office of Sustainability to finalize PD and functional relationship for behavioral energy management position.
- The two energy program positions above were previously filled by contract employees under the Energy Savings Performance contract effort, and went away when the contract was terminated by KU.
- Grainger working on bar codes for custodial den products. Awaiting Grainger feedback on custodial den plan to decide on best way forward to streamline ordering and product delivery.
- Working to upgrade/replace “Gasboy” software system for tracking of fueling. Old system failed just prior to new system being ready to install. Manually tracking fuel dispensing until new system is installed.
- State use procurement committee toured FS storeroom and warehouse.
- Maximo integrations and Reset project kicked off this week with CFI consultants. Project will revamp Maximo to “out of the box” functionality and evaluate potential integrations with other key systems.