Single Identity Management System
- This project status is still Critical (I.E. Red). The resources needed are working on the KUMC/Hospital Exchange project.
Leverage Software Purchasing
- Discussions are underway with the Project Team about implementing a Technology Purchasing Advisory Board that will assist with both hardware and software purchases across campus. The Software Advisory Board would become a subcommittee, and an additional Hardware Advisory Board subcommittee would be created. The Draft Charge document is being revised to reflect this change. The project team is currently analyzing two years of software purchase data looking at total spend with each individual vendor. Discussions are beginning with Adobe regarding an enterprise license.
Increase MFD Usage
- The workgroup continues to monitor new processes and collect cost savings data.
- Two additional major departments/groups (Math, Energy Balance Lab) have worked with the evaluation committee to review their results and develop plans for their future server hosting needs. The SCV team met with members of IT Sr. Leadership to streamline cost saving tracking methodology. Members of IT and RGS met and began the process of decommissioning the server room that was located in the MRB facility as all systems previously located there have now been relocated and centralized.
Reorganize & Redefine
- Associate Director for Support Services interviews started and will be concluded in the week of October 15. Project Team continues to work on Communication Plan. IT assessment is completed for School of Education.
- The network teams continue to move forward on the Changing for Excellence Network Optimization initiatives. Network engineers have successfully completed three phases of testing the new network. Domain Name Service (DNS) servers have been installed in the data centers. Consultants have been engaged to help re-architect the systems and make the transition as smooth as possible. Progress continues to be made on changing overlapping IP addresses at the KU Lawrence and KU Medical Center campuses.
Enterprise-wide Document Imaging and Workflow
- The Admissions Transcript Processing and HR subprojects have been released to production while final revisions are under way. The CLAS and Invoice Processing subprojects are in the design phase.
Campus CRM (Constituent Relationship Management)
- The consultant completed the workshops related to Business & Industry outreach. The project team is now waiting for the final report. The Graduate Studies CRM project meetings are held weekly. Work continues with CollegeNET on system development and creation of a spreadsheet form to use in uploading data to the system. The Business & Industry CRM project meetings are held weekly. The current focus of this project is developing all of the data requirements needed for this system.
Campus CMS (Content Management System)
- All early adopter site administrators continue to migrate their websites to the new CMS platform. Anticipated completion date for most early adopters is October 2012.
Early Warning System
- The fall pilot of Early Warning began on 08/20/2012. We have nine volunteers for the Spring Pilot, with more than 3,000 students enrolled, and are looking for one more volunteer.
- The fall pilot began on 08/20/2012. Students in the pilot will be able to schedule appointments online with pilot course advisors. Work is underway now to load Advisors into the system.