Single Identity Management System
- This project status is still critical (i.e. Red). For META, the team is waiting to resume working through issues such as user provisioning, password policies, challenge questions, self-service and attribute synching. Resources from KUMC and KU Hospital are unavailable until November 12, 2012, due to work on their Exchange implementation. The team has a draft communication plan to inform the impacted users. This plan is being worked on with leadership. For AD, we are at a crossroads on the SIMS phase 1 project regarding Active Directory. We are actively seeking a decision on non-technical aspects of the project, which will have a long-term impact on the complexity of the technical design. We will engage an expert vendor for Active Directory design once this decision is made.
Leverage Software Purchasing
- The first draft of the charge document for the Software Advisory Board has been reviewed by the project team. The project team has gathered two years of software utilization data and is continuing to review this data to determine the next best candidates for enterprise licenses. Membership of the Software Advisory Board continues toward finalization.
Increase MFD Usage
- The MFD workgroup continues to monitor the new workflow and collect cost savings data. This project has identified $242,292.80 in savings to date.
- The project team continues to meet with departments that have registered their servers to plan for future hosting and storage needs. The planning & site review for the power project has continued to progress and the team will be meeting 10-3-12 to review ship dates of critical materials and finalize this sub-project's timelines work breakdown.
Reorganize & Redefine
- The Associate Director for Support Services position closed. The search committee will interview finalists during the week of October 8th. The project team has had their final review of TSC processes on procedures. IT assessments are scheduled for the School of Education, School of Social Welfare, and the KU Library.
- The network teams continue to move forward on the Changing for Excellence Network Optimization initiatives. Network engineers have successfully completed two phases of testing. DNS servers have been installed in the data centers. A plan is being formulated to re-architect the systems and make the transition as smooth as possible. Progress continues to be made on overlapping IP addresses for both KU Lawrence and KU Medical Center.
Enterprise-wide Document Imaging and Workflow
- The Office of the University Registrar subproject was moved into production. The Admissions Transcript Processing and HR subprojects are moving into production now. The CLAS subproject is in the design phase and the Invoice Processing subproject will enter the design phase in a couple of weeks.
Campus CRM (Constituent Relationship Management)
- The consultant completed the workshops related to Business & Industry outreach. The project team is now waiting for the final report. The Graduate Studies and Business & Industry Outreach CRMs have been given the green light to move forward, separately from the Student CRM, with the caveat that in three years we will look at bringing all of these CRMs together. Project meetings have begun.
Campus CMS (Content Management System)
- All early adopter site administrators continue to migrate their websites to the new CMS platform. Anticipated completion date for most early adopters is October 2012.
Early Warning System
- The fall pilot of Early Warning began on 08/20/2012 and includes nine courses.
- The fall pilot began on 08/20/2012. Students in the pilot will be able to schedule appointments online with pilot course advisors.