Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Due to purchasing more names, KU had more National Merit Semifinalists in the prospective student pipeline. National Merit Semifinalist names were announced on September 12, and KU marked this designation and sent a letter from the Chancellor within two days of names being announced.
- Continue to meet with high school counselors throughout the state of Kansas to discuss updates from KU.
- Preview KU event held in Wichita on September 20 with more than 300 people in attendance.
- Admit packets mailed to admitted students.
- Senior Days taking place for high school seniors.
- Pre and post-admit communication flows activated.
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Fall 2012 scholarship yield analysis continues after 20th day reports.
- Continued work with campus scholarship coordinators to provide additional input to the CFE Process Improvement Team reviewing scholarships, sponsorships and fellowships.
- Successful submission of the annual FISAP (fiscal operating report and request for federal financial aid funding for 2013-14).
- Persistence profile
- Retention analysis based on 20th day figures
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- The new Net Price Calculator was posted to the KU website.
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Admissions student telecounselors calling every admitted freshman and transfer student.
- Continued focus on successfully moving FAS to the new locations in the KUVC and 121 Strong Hall, including the development of the EM Service Desks in each of these areas.
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- Completed a two-week international recruitment trip to Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, and Chile. Met with students at education fairs and made visits to area high schools to recruit for KU.
- Changed the billing process for the new student fee to facilitate the application, admission, arrival, orientation, and enrollment for international undergraduate students. Students will be billed upon arrival when their tuition is billed.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Researching potential partnerships with Eastern International Art College (China), Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (Argentina).
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- Discussing the possible development of a new visiting student program in collaboration with Shih Hsin University (China). They are specifically interested in Journalism.
- Finalizing the Arturo Prat University visiting student program (Chile).
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Application for Fall 2013 was opened and we are receiving applications.