Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Asking several budgeteers to assist with the assessment activities for a new budget and reporting system in meetings scheduled in November and December. Each budgeteer was selected based on their experience and insight.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Continued enhancements to the BudCast tool to ensure manually keyed projections are saved correctly. The Period Spread default in the Operating Plan Budget Version was modified so that when users manually make a change to any of the monthly forecasting cells at the header or line item level, the period spread method will automatically change to ‘manual’.
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- Students enrolled in the KU Academic Accelerator Program (KUAAP), a partnership between the University of Kansas and Shorelight Education, increased from only 27 students in Fall 2014 up to 146 students in Fall 2015, which increased student credit hour production by 1,327.
- Fall 2015 is the first semester the Business School offered new online courses via Everspring in Accounting and Decision Sciences generating over 315 new student credit hours.
- School of Education’s Everspring enrollment continues to grow. They generated over 1,751 more credit hours in Fall 2015 compared to Fall 2014.