Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- November 1 scholarship deadline for FA13 scholarship consideration
- Reminder phone calls (pre-recorded) to those not applied was done on October 26 and October 29
- On-Campus Visit Programming
- Search Prep for classes of 2014, 2015 and 2016
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Persistence Profiling
- Staff Fellows Program Presentation on Retention Management
- Continued distribution of Fall 2013 scholarship letters, including combined FAS and Engineering letters
- FAS distributed emails to currently enrolled students with outstanding balances who haven't filed a 2012-13 FAFSA, encouraging them to do so if they need financial assistance to pay outstanding KU balance and enroll for SP13
- Distributed emails to all current students with renewable scholarships, reminding them of the renewal criteria to continue receiving scholarships and academic support services available, if needed
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Persistence Profile
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Post-admit communication flows continue
- Academic –based yield management planning
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- A new Communications Coordinator position has been filled, with a start date of December 3, 2012. This position will put into place a strategic communication plan that involves international prospect outreach, facilitating applications, and developing social networks for newly admitted students.
- A new position for an Assistant Director for Recruitment and Articulation Agreements has just been posted.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- KU Undergraduate Admissions is partnering with the Institute for International Education to bring in a group of fully sponsored and talented undergraduate students coming from Saudi Arabia who are interested in applying for the fall 2013 semester for undergraduate degrees. These students are on the King Abdulla University Scholarship Program's Gifted Student Program. Numbers of students have not been determined yet.