KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Offered Grant Specialist position to individual; however, acceptance of offer is pending so candidate can review benefits with another offer.
- Held two Post Award Services (PAS) sessions for RA101, with another one due in November regarding DEMIS training.
- Held Thursday Research Topics (TRT) session on Retroactive Funds Adjustments (RFA) process with KU Payroll.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- PAS submitted draft responses to Bill Sharp for the KUMCRI/KUCR Sponsored Programs Awards, Expenditures, and Allow ability policy.
- Collaborated with KU Payroll to develop new RFA policy.
- Continued to work through QA process for award set up and management.
- The Click Institutional Review Board (IRB) product is scheduled for updates in November, which will include several enhancements and bug fixes. Staff on both campuses are making preparations for the upgrade. Downtime is expected to occur after work hours or on a weekend.
- The PeopleSoft AR-Billing project continues as scheduled. Reconciliation of key PeopleSoft tables continues to be a task being worked in within KUCR.
- KUCR forecasting data refinements continue, with the overall process methodology for the near future being moved into production. Updates were made to the base code as a result of the Research Data Integrity project.
- The Wellspring Sophia (KUIC) system administrator (Richard Walker) continues to work with KUIC staff to make system enhancements, data improvements, and add efficiency to the system. He has instituted a monthly meeting time to address systems issues and usage and interfaces directly with the vendor when needed.
- New sites related to core labs/services continue to be created by the KUCR web manager, Mary Ann Roesner. In progress/on tap are Bio Irradiation and Advanced Computing Facility sites.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- Continue to work through ensuring data integrity issues for the AR/BI project.
- Continue to work through ensuring data integrity issues for the NSF report.
- Implemented and continue to improve training for JV upload process for PAS staff; will request Team Lead access to post journals this month.
The KUCR QA initiative team gave a presentation to Steve Warren on October 30. New QA queries are added weekly as the scope of the group broadens. Steve suggested reliability statistics be examined on a quarterly basis; first such effort will be initiated at the beginning of 2014, looking at the fourth quarter of 2013 errors and resolutions.