Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Interview committee interviewed 25 candidates for the Zone Manager positions. Selections were communicated late in the day on Friday, May 18.
- Finalized position descriptions for the new Director of Facilities Services (FS) and Director of Business Operations within FS. Positions will be advertised externally.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Completed set-up of virtual development environment for Maximo reimplementation. Working with Access Partners to load KU data into development environment.
- Met with Design and Construction Management (DCM) to begin planning the transition of construction services from FS to DCM, and to begin designing what that new organizational model will look like
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Drafted position description for Energy/Utility Manager who will work with FS and likely report to DCM
- Energy sub-workgroups continued to work on different aspects of the building assessment methodology for the energy conservation pilot site
May 16, 2012