KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- A meeting with the leadership team from RGS was held to discuss the integration of designated research centers and SSCs.
- The research processes that will be utilized in the SSC were reviewed with staff from RGS in preparation for the LAS Wave 2 go-live. Several revisions were identified and the processes will be updated by May 31.
- The training program for SSC research staff was finalized and presenters from RGS, the SSC, and other units on campus were identified.
KU Regional Service Centers Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Based on interviews with chairs, transaction data, and feedback from staff, the LAS SSC Leadership Team met and finalized the staffing for Wave 3. Meetings with chairs/directors and staff shifting to the SSC will occur before May 24.
- Meetings were held with groups of chairs from Wave 1 to identify issues and create solutions for the departmental gaps.
- As a lesson learned from Wave 1, meetings were held with chairs from Waves 2, 3, and 4 to try and proactively plan for the departmental gaps created by shifting staff to the SSC. The meetings will continue from now until each respective wave goes live.
- Transition planning was conducted to outline all tasks necessary for Wave 2 go-live on July 1.
- Karla Williams, LAS-SSC Director, met with the chairs/directors from Wave 2 to discuss the transition of staff to the SSC; learn more about the inner workings of each department; etc.
- Jody Milford was hired as the LAS-SSC HR Manager. Jody will transition into her new role over the next several weeks. As a result of Jody's transition, the SSC will immediately post a HR Coordinator position.