Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Meetings about Admissions Become a Jayhawk publication
- Super Saturday visit program for 6th-8th graders
- Planning meeting about legacy recruitment
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Preliminary Retention Rate Tracking (FYR and TR)
- Recruit-Back Planning
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- No current updates
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Emails continued to freshmen who have paid and not signed up for orientation.
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- Publication and dissemination of International Recruitment and Undergraduate Admissions' first Strategic Operating Plan for FY 2014. Individual work plans for each area are currently in development.
- The new unified web site for KU Admissions (domestic and international combined), is nearly complete with a June 15th go-live date. IRUA is currently building the international-specific content on application processes, scholarships, cost of attendance, and contact information.
- IRUA's web and social media presence abroad has been enhanced through our strategic partnership with Zinch China. We now have a China website for KU, as well as a KU presence on common social media outlets like Wiebo and search engines.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Conversations have been started with Pharmacy on the development of a new consortium of institutions in the U.S. and E.U. for research scholar, faculty, and graduate exchange. Initial efforts will focus on leveraging grant funding and enhancing individual mobility. The longer term hope is to develop possible articulation agreements with Pharmacy programs in the E.U.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- Will be visiting with KU's current sponsoring agencies and several of our visiting student program institutional partners at the NAFSA: Association of International Educators conference in St. Louis this May. Discussions will focus on service and participant expansion and the identification of new partners and sponsors.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- KU has purchased its first batch of TOEFL data for uploading into the Hobson's CRM. Over 4,200 names are now getting added to the CRM in areas of strategic focus of IRUA (South America, Middle East, Southeast Asia, and China).
- Information sessions, yield events, and alumni gatherings have been scheduled for five cities in China for June/July. KU will visit Shanghai, Beijing, Wuhan, Chengdu, and Guangzhou – all major feeder cities for KU.
- High school visits, alumni gatherings, and information sessions have been scheduled for July and August in India. KU will visit the following cities: Delhi, Pune, Coimbatore, and Bangalore.