Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Junior Scholar Day held on April 26.
- Junior Day held on April 29 and May 3.
- Prepared for Chancellor’s Lawrence Reception on May 14.
- Drafted a form for Schools to Request Consideration of Federal Title IV Aid for Certificate Programs.
- Met with Everspring to review online initiatives progress-to-date.
- Scannell & Kurz presented progress-to-date and next steps in scholarship fund management to advance recruitment efforts toward desired goals.
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Scannell & Kurz visit discussed scholarships, tuition compact, and affordability and value.
- Admissions staff attended training on KU Core to learn and be able to message for recruiting and retention.
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Working to develop a scholarship commitment/projection tracking tool.
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Reminders sent about new student fee including a phone call to all.
- Tele-counselors calling students who have paid but not signed up for orientation.
- Territory managers following up with students who have not paid the deposit.
- New freshmen who have not paid can continue to pay through May 8.
- Robo-calls made to fin aid applicants who have paid the New Student Fee but haven't accepted gift aid. Scannell & Kurz discussed tools to implement as next steps in analysis of scholarship funds contributions to yield to best position use of scholarship dollars.
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- KU’s first Annual International Marketing, Recruitment, and Retention Plan has been finalized and gone to press for FY 2014. This plan establishes the goals, objectives, and strategies for the next fiscal year.
- Recruitment trips and yield events have been finalized for China and India for the summer.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Conversations have begun with Jazan University in Saudi Arabia to develop a pathway program for their students to come to KU. These students would start with English language training and transition to degree programs. Jazan University is also interested in visiting scholar and faculty exchange and collaboration.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Total Applications (complete and incomplete combined) have increased to 1,238 from the previous year’s 1,152 (a 7.47% increase in IRUA’s application volume).
- Complete application numbers have increased by 25.65% between 4/30/12 and 4/30/13.
- Overall admit numbers have increased by 27.79% between 4/30/12 and 4/30/13.
As of 4/31/2013: