KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The Communication Ambassadors met on April 25th for an overall update on the LAS-SSC. In addition, there was a Q&A session with the Wave 1 staff that have already transitioned. The presentation can be found here.
- The Wave 1 staff completed an evaluation survey for the training they received. The feedback in this survey will be used to make adjustments to the training for future waves/SSCs.
- The 3G (Graduate Teaching Assistant, Graduate Research Assistant, and Graduate Assistant) appointment and eligibility validation processes were included in the scope of ImageNow Phase III. This project will include a redesign of the current 3G process and workflow automation via ImageNow and is targeted to go-live for the spring 2014 semester.
- Under Dean Anderson’s leadership, a small team has been formed to focus on solving the departmental gaps in the College created by the SSC transition. The goal is to create an immediate plan to alleviate the gaps in Wave 1 as well as create a proactive plan for Waves 2-4.
KU Regional Service Centers Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Michelle Ginavan Hayes was selected as the LAS-SSC Research Manager. Michelle will transition over the next several weeks from her current role at Research and Graduate Studies. Michelle’s initial focus will be to finalize the research processes which were developed last fall, and to establish clear communication and expectations between PIs, departments, the SSC and KUCR staff.
- The search committees for the LAS-SSC HR and Finance Managers met and selected candidates to interview. Initial interviews for both positions should be complete by May 10th.
- Meetings were held with the staff and business managers in Wave 4 to gain additional insight into the processes and activities currently happening in these units. The results of these interviews will be shared with the CLAS Leadership Team on May 13th.
- The LAS-SSC Advisory Board met on April 22nd to discuss the Service Level Commitment and performance metrics that will insure the success of the SSC. The members of the Advisory Board are:
- Karla Williams, Director, Liberal Arts and Sciences Shared Service Center
- Sally Utech, Associate Director, Hall Center for the Humanities
- Susan Mercer, Associate Director, Institute for Policy & Social Research
- Mary Anne Jordan, Chair, Visual Art
- Marc Greenberg, Chair, Germanic Languages and Literatures
- David Mechem, Assistant Professor, Geography
- Jill Kuhnheim, Director, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Craig Lunte, Chair, Chemistry
- Jim Mielke, Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Mark Reynolds, Director of Finance and Planning, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.