Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Jayhawk Night receptions held in Minneapolis for prospective students
- First Junior Day program held on February 18
- FAS met with an Ellis Foundation representative, working to strengthen the pipeline of students the Ellis Foundation funnels to KU
- FAS collaboration with KU TRiO colleagues to submit Suder Foundation Grant application, which could increase freshman application funnel
- Bi-monthly meeting with School of Engineering, with focus on recruitment
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Began Robo-Calls to all continuing students (in-state and out-of-state; undergrad, grad, professional and law) advising them to complete FAFSA files as soon as possible to be considered for the best aid package possible
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Meetings with OIRP and the College Shared Service Center colleagues to discuss options for developing tools for scholarship administration
- Working with IT, SIS and Athletics colleagues to develop and implement JumpForward (an athletics software program to bridge SAKU date into JumpForward, minimizing duplicate manual entry by EM staff members)
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Destination KU, an on campus event for students of color and first-generation students, was held on February 15
- Jayhawk Night receptions held in Minneapolis for admitted seniors
- Customized To Do List emails sent to admitted freshmen and transfer students on next steps
- Sent e-vites to all Fall 2013 newly admitted Kansas students inviting them to attend a College Goal Sunday event in their area on Sunday, 2/24/13
- Began Robo-Calls to Fall 2013 newly admitted students (in-state and out-of-state) advising them to complete FAFSA files as soon as possible to be considered for the best aid package possible
- Continue to notify newly admitted Fall 2013 students of scholarship aid packages (as new test scores and/or high school transcripts were submitted by 2/1)
- Finalizing text, in collaboration with KU Marketing Communications for the Fall 2013 KU Pell Advantage letters to in-state Pell-eligible students
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- 3rd phase of the survey of KU International Student Institutional Choice has been completed. 303 KU international students responded to questions on how they found out about KU and the decision-drivers that brought them here. Analysis of data will inform our strategic planning.
- Preparing a series of action plans for international recruitment and admissions to guide our activities and enable us to measure outcomes.
- Working with committee of faculty members and administrators to coordinate KU’s activities and investments in China.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Looking into collaborating on a summer institute program in local government and management in China with the KU School of Public Administration.
- Exploring possibility of a new LLM program in American Legal Studies in collaboration with Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou, China.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Following up with 386 students KU visited with from India in Fall 2012 to encourage applications for Fall 2013 by the April 1 deadline.