Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Awarded job order contracting to two bidders; executed contract.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhace KU's buying power
- Presented findings and recommendations for the pilot construction audit and implementing a regular construction audit process.
- Reviewed insurance and bonding questions with broker.
- Prepared and submitted grant application for a major project. Coordinated with Chancellor's Office and others regarding resolutions, letters of support, etc.
- Prepared and submitted historic rehabilitation tax credits application for a major project.
- Considered "creative economy" grant opportunity. Forwarded the information to several relevant departments.
- Oversaw facility assessments performed by consultant with pending deliverables including lifecycle cost analyses and maintenance prioritization recommendations.
- Collaborated with City on cost-sharing sanitary sewer replacement during an upcoming project.
- Transitioned travel request and voucher processing to Business Operations Service Center.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Implemented use of Maximo for construction inventory, time reporting, purchase orders, etc.
- Met with Huron reps and others regarding coordination between construction and maintenance groups.
- Prepared updated position descriptions for KU Construction to more accurately describe job responsibilities and other information.
- Hosted and participated in campus master planning open forums, executive committee meeting, steering committee meeting, work sessions, facility visits, etc.
- Evaluated proposals for master planning optional services.