Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Finalizing spring break cleaning/project work planning for student housing buildings.
- Safety training completed for two full rounds of employee training. Conducted sessions for new employees and for boiler operators this week.
- Will short-list candidates for electric shop supervisor position this week and schedule interviews.
- Continued multiple sessions of customer service training for FS employees. Five out of seven classes completed and over 75% of day shift personnel have received training.
- Continuing roll-out of EZ Max version of Maximo in central shops areas; scheduled plumbing shop for training next week.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Awarded Mr. Ron Allen from the central plumbing shop the FS Employee Advisory Council Employee of the Month for March 2014.
- Collecting articles for Foghorn quarterly newsletter – for publication next week.
- Met to finalize details of transitional duty program and will pilot test program in FS.
- Rolling out transitional duty program info with risk management office at this week’s FS staff meeting for pilot test of program in FS.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Establishing custodial service level and quality assurance standards for review this week.
- Supplied HVAC systems description for Animal Care Unit spaces for accreditation report. Working with DCM and ACU to correct air flow discrepancies in spaces.
- Reviewing Master Plan sections; presentation meeting scheduled for Friday.
- Working with SSC to address building cleaning and maintenance issues in Carruth O’Leary Hall.
- Provided feedback to Employee Advisory Council on all issues and concerns raised at last meeting.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Calibrated Natural Gas meters on main boilers through SEGA monitoring system.
- Comparing our metered consumption to Black Hills natural gas meters and billing info.
- Attended meeting on Natural Gas reverse auction to explore possibilities. Will investigate gas consumption info from other KBOR colleges and check interest in bundling procurement.
- Will review CFI report/proposal on Maximo recommendations and scope of work once received.
- Continued working on Air Handling Unit assets; information is scattered and difficult to collect and will take quite some time to enter completely in Maximo.
- Working with IT on GIS/utility mapping software requirements.
- Providing input on contract renewal for Johnson Controls contract, and for establishment of contract with TRANE.