KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Hired two new employees in Post Award, interviewing for third position.
- One PAS employee was chosen to participate in Administrative Staff Fellows program.
- The annual state-wide research administrator’s conference was held at Washburn University. The Office of Research had representation in areas of research and financials at the meeting.
- Linda Sadler, Beth Ridenour, and Kristi Billinger attended the Council on Governmental Regulation conference in February.
- Joe Heppert, Robert Kerley, and Kristi Billinger attended the Federal Demonstration Partnership conference in January.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Office of Research is working towards a weekly F&A posting process for improved grant oversight and management.
- PeopleSoft AR module for grants continues to move forward with an April projected go live date. Final preparations are being made in regards to new processes, QA, and data cleanup.
- Implementation of AR/BI project in April.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- Team members continue working on key AR/BI Core business processes and to identify areas for improvement.
- RIS staff is porting a Huron provided dashboard into Tableau. The purpose of the dashboard is to internally track QA metrics in regards to data entry and track progress over time. In the future, metrics will be developed for the purpose of displaying approved proposal and award data to the public using the same or similar tools.
- Team members are working on improving the project delegation process and procedures. New process will incorporate ImageNow for better workflow efficiency.
- PI checklist moving to an ImageNow work flow.
- Begin planning for PI delegation for approval of expenditures through ImageNow.
- Working on Budget Summary ImageNow workflow roll-out.
- Working on Sub-recipient audit workflow in ImageNow.
- Working on Effort Report storage and tracking with ImageNow.
- Huron has been engaged to evaluate practices at KUCR and KUMCRI in order to identify areas in need of improvement across all phases of grants administration. Many individuals, including researchers, research administrators, and directors will be interviewed.