KU Shared Service Centers Initial Site: develop and implement
- After extensive consideration, the Design Review Committee recommended the initial site to the Executive Committee. This recommendation was ratified by the Executive Committee on June 14th. The decision will be announced at a town hall meeting on June 28th.
- This initial site offers an opportunity to refine the model. While aspects of the initial model are complete, we expect what we learn from early efforts will inform our future work.
KU Regional Shared Service Centers: to streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Members of the Steering Committee and Design Review Committee finalized the KU Shared Service Center model. Discussions with other universities who have implemented shared service models, interviews and meetings with KU stakeholders, and examination of data contributed to the final model for SSC at KU. This model will be released at a town hall meeting on June 28th.
- As we prepare to enter into the next phase of design, additional committees and focus groups are being convened. The Transition Planning and Space Committee will begin meeting in early July with a focus on identifying space for the initial SSC. This will be a critical first step in moving to an operational center this winter.
- Work is beginning to identify the tasks that will move into the SSC. A subgroup of the Steering Committee has been meeting to determine the research activities that will be completed in both the research shared service centers and the academic shared service centers. Work groups will be convened in the next few weeks to expand the detail of these tasks. Focus groups are also scheduled to conduct a preliminary review the HR and finance transactions that may move into shared service centers.
- The communications leadership team has been meeting extensively to develop campus communications around the release of the model on the 28th, and to refine plans for collecting feedback.