Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Analysis of FA14 yield data to guide FA15 scholarship strategies
- Recruitment retreat with staff to discuss recruitment efforts from past year and strategy for next cycle
- Meetings for recruitment materials for application launch for 2015 cycle
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Robo calls to current students who have submitted a FAFSA and enrolled for summer, but have not yet submitted a Summer Aid Request
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Continued work with OIRP to develop and implement new Scholarship Datamart enhancements
- Transfer students – have signed statement of work with Perceptive Software to utilize IntelliCapture in transfer credit evaluation
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Begin Robo-calls to new FA14 students with incomplete Financial Aid files, encouraging them to complete their files before their scheduled Orientation date
- Reminder calls to students who have paid the fee and not signed up for orientation
- Email reminders about steps to take prior to orientation
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- IRUA recruitment team met with Shorelight marketing & recruitment staff to discuss methodology for collaboration and communication about recruitment initiatives, staffing & agent partnerships in targeted world regions.
- IRUA admissions team is modifying our online application form so that one centralized form will be available to international undergraduate applicants of all admission types.
- Additional modifications to the online form are under development to facilitate tracking the applicants directed to KU by the Shorelight partnership, both those directed to the KU Academic Accelerator Program and direct-entry applicants to KU’s undergraduate degree programs.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- IRUA admissions team coordinated with the Shorelight Boston admissions staff to admit 3 Summer applicants.
- IRUA admissions team met with the Shorelight Boston admissions team to outline protocol for processing Fall applicants to the KU Academic Accelerator Program.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- IRUA continues to receive applications for Fall 2014 from participants in the Brazil Science Mobility Program. A total of 58 visiting students from all visiting student programs have been admitted for Summer & Fall.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Planning for late summer and fall international recruitment trips is underway, with plans for Shannon O’Hagan to visit India, countries in the Middle East and South East Asia between July and October.
- Shannon will also attend the annual OACAC (Overseas Association for College Admissions Counseling) where she will network with international high school counselors in July.