KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- Training feedback from Wave 1 staff was distributed to training facilitators so adjustments can be made in preparation for Wave 2.
- Nick Stevens met with Patrick Woods in the College Dean's Office to finalize requirements for a Common Scholarship Application Form. Development will begin soon.
- The implementation team is compiling results from the customer satisfaction survey. The team is hoping to post the results the week of June 10th – 14th on the CFE website.
KU Regional Shared Service Center Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Karla Williams held a staff meeting with Wave 2 staff and communicated departmental assignments.
- Jim Mielke and Mark Reynolds met with the Wave 2 (Social and Behavioral Sciences) staff to discuss how the departmental roles will change and respond to questions about the transition. The Chairs in the Social and Behavioral Sciences have been focused on redrafting job descriptions to reflect the changes to staff responsibility.
- Marsha Haufler and Mark Reynolds met with the Wave 3 Chairs/Directors that will shift staff to the SSC.
- Marsha Haufler and Karla Williams met with staff from Wave 3 that will transition to the SSC. Those staff members are:
- Judy Farmer, Finance (from Center of Latin American Studies)
- Jessie Yoon, Finance (from Kansas African Studies Center)
- Cathy Swenson-Tucker, Research (from Center for Russian, East European, & Eurasian Studies)
- Karla Williams hosted an open house in the SSC on Tuesday, May 28th. Roughly 75 people attended.
- Kristi Thompson and Joel Hood were hired as the final two Finance Managers for the LAS-SSC. Joel will transition between now and the end of the fiscal year and Kristi will start June 10th.
- Training sessions for the Wave 2 staff are partially scheduled. Training is provided by a number of departments on campus in the areas of customer service, finance, research, and human resources.