KU Shared Service Centers Initial Site: develop and implement
- During the town hall meeting on June 28th, Diane Goddard, Jason Hornberger, and Dean Danny Anderson announced the selection of the Liberal Arts and Sciences Shared Service Center as the initial site. The town hall meeting is located here: http://cfe.ku.edu/ssc/townhall.php.
- The Liberal Arts and Sciences SSC will be implemented in four waves, beginning with the Humanities and the School of the Arts in February/March of 2013. The Humanities and the Arts will be followed by the Social and Behavioral Sciences in wave two, Global and International Centers, CLAS Administration, and the University Honors Program in wave three, and the Natural Sciences and Mathematics in wave four.
KU Regional Shared Service Centers: to streamline job functions and improve business processes
- The Regional Shared Service Center model was announced at the town hall meeting on June 28th. The model will include three SSCs devoted to serving research units, four SSCs devoted to serving academic units (one of which is the Liberal Arts and Sciences SSC), and two SSCs devoted to administration and operations.
- After the town hall meeting, several additional volunteers signed up to participate in SSC Focus groups. These groups will meet this week and throughout the summer to provide valuable insight into the work that is currently done in the departments. Their input will inform the selection of processes to be performed by the SSCs. We are seeking additional volunteers: please sign up here: http://cfe.ku.edu/ssc/feedback.php.
- The Steering Committee and Design Review Committee are continuing to meet to analyze potential funding models and finalize the governance model for SSCs.
- The communication leadership team continues to develop campus communications. A meeting of the Communication Ambassadors, staff members who will provide two-way communication between staff and leadership, is planned for July 18th. Please use the feedback page on the website if you would like to be considered for the Communication Ambassador team http://cfe.ku.edu/ssc/feedback.php. Also, informal lunch-time discussions will be held throughout the summer. Dates and times will be announced on the SSC calendar after they are scheduled.
- Surveys are being developed to assess the current customer satisfaction levels, current employee satisfaction, and to solicit input on the SSC design. This is scheduled for release in late July to all staff.