Single Identity Management System
- For META, the team is continuing to work through issues like user provisioning, password policies, challenge questions, self-service, and attribute synching. We have completed decisions on password policy (expiration and complexity). We have identified the accounts that need to be consolidated and those that are in conflict. We are working on the communication plan to inform the impacted users. We are starting with the accounts that need to be consolidated. For AD, we need to determine a vendor to help design the best Active Directory environment base on the signed off requirements.
Leverage Software Purchasing
- The categorized software information received from the survey continues to be reviewed by the project team to determine which software products will provide KU with the most savings in the shortest timeframe. Appointments are being finalized for the Software Advisory Board membership. Work will begin next week on SAS and SPSS license renewals and MatLab license consolidations for an enterprise license.
Increase MFD Usage
- We completed our second, eight department pilot, which confirmed both our documentation and methodology moving forward. We have finished our pilot 2 findings report, and explored the differences in deployment in both Administrative and Academic areas. We have almost finalized the new MFD ordering process. We now move into the implementation phase.
- The initial server registration period has ended. The team is reviewing submissions to make sure that all parties required to register have done so. The team is working with a number of larger departments to finalize and import their registration information. The server consolidation team continues to meet with registered departments and devise plans for the hosting of their systems moving forward
Reorganize & Redefine
- New staff / faculty / students technical on-boarding process completed. Start working on New TSC IT Staff on-boarding process. Also working on scheduling IT assessment for Public Safety Office and finish up assessment for DCM / FS.
- The Changing for Excellence Network Optimization team provided (via KanREN) a day long network training class for network engineers from each campus. Tested and verified connectivity between campuses over the KU peering network. KUMC and KU-L have continued to make excellent progress at eliminating the overlapping IP address space.
Enterprise-wide Document Imaging and Workflow
- The Financial Aid subproject moved to production. The HR subproject continues in the implementation phase while the Admissions subproject has just started implementation. Both CLAS and University Registrar subprojects continue in the design phase.
Campus CRM (Constituent Relationship Management)
- The consultant completed the workshops related to Business & Industry outreach. The project team is now waiting for the final report.
Campus CMS (Content Management System)
- All early adopter site administrators have begun migrating their web sites to the new CMS platform. The target date for deployment of early adopter websites is August 2012. An early status check indicates that most early adopters will have no issues meeting the target date.
Early Warning System
- The summer pilot of Early Warning launched on 06/06/12 and has one week remaining. Student responses to messages have been positive so far. Surveys have been sent to students, faculty and advisors participating in the pilot. The due date to respond to the survey is 07/30/12. The technical team members continue to work with the vendor to understand data flow between systems. The project will have an expanded launch date of August 2012 with nine courses participating.
- The project team has identified a possible solution for bringing advisors across units into one system for integration with the calendar software. The solution has been presented to an advisor focus group and Advising Leadership for feedback. The projected pilot date is August 2012 for Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC), Financial Aid & Scholarship and School of Education. Only UAC advisors working on the fall pilot will be available to students for online appointments. The other participants will pilot the online calendars within their office. Training has been scheduled for all fall pilot participants.