KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The Design Review Committee met and received status updates on the progress of the overall SSC project.
KU Regional Shared Service Center Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- On July 1, Karla Williams hosted a welcome brunch and go-live celebration for the staff transitioning from the Social & Behavioral Sciences (SBS) into the LAS-SSC.
- Associate Dean Bob Goldstein and several members of the SSC implementation team met with the Chemistry department to discuss interaction of the Chemistry Stockroom with the LAS-SSC.
- Associate Dean Jim Mielke and Huron Consulting continue to meet with Chairs/Directors in the SBS units to realign activities, rewrite position descriptions, etc.
- Kristi Thompson and Karla Williams met with the clinics in the SBS division to discuss process flow for departmental deposits.
- Karla Williams hosted an introductory staff meeting for the individuals transitioning from the International and Interdisciplinary Studies units.
- Dean Anderson sent a survey to all the Wave 1 Chairs/Directors asking them about the challenges they still face in the department as a result of the SSC staffing shift and any issues they are having with the LAS-SSC.
- Nick Stevens, Karla Williams, and Michelle Ginavan Hayes met with the Hall Center to review processes and plan for their transition into the SSC in mid-August.
- The SSC implementation team and leadership from the Life Span Institute met to draft a position description for the Life Span SSC Director and also to review the SSC process flows.