Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continued bi-weekly meetings with Housing to ensure good communication and service provision per the SLA.
- Evaluating procurement processes with housing to determine opportunities for streamlining in areas like carpet purchase.
- Scheduled moving assistance for Jayhawk Towers renovations and furniture deliveries.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Published Facilities Services Climate Survey to all FS employees. Emphasized importance and facilitated employee time to take survey in computer labs.
- Expanded EZ Max mobile licensing to enterprise level with ability for 200 staff members to use application in the field.
- Director scheduled meeting with Zones and Central Shops crews over the next few weeks to check in with employees for Q&A.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers/Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between Zones and Central Shops.
- Conducted interviews for HVAC Shop supervisor; successfully identified two candidates for second round of interviews.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Energy Manager selected and hired successfully. Mr. George Werth started with FS at KU on July 8, 2013.
- Continued high level discussion on next steps with Energy Savings Contract while working to maintain savings and normal procedures in field.
- Scheduled and attended special training session for KUPPS procurement for FS. Use of KUPPS requires additional data entry for FS personnel until systems are integrated on back end. Will evaluate level of effort required for sustained use of KUPPS by FS personnel.