Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Major savings realized in joint effort with Purchasing to improve procurement and delivery of building access control systems.
- Coordinated with Shared Service Center on progressive sourcing techniques used by DCM/KU Construction.
- Bid process initiated for job order contracting services.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhace KU's buying power
- Received construction audit report from Huron’s consultant, reviewed, and transmitted to contractor for responses/additional information.
- Coordinated with Kansas Dept. of Administration on initiating next round of on-call contracts for architectural and landscape architecture services.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Visiting expert presented on using Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Scheduled meeting with vendor to learn about Maximo life safety module capabilities.
- Improved functionality of Project Quick Stats at https://fmis3w2.home.ku.edu/quickstats/.
- Coordinated with Operations Business Director in selecting key performance indicators on which to report.
- Completed outfitting conference space for campus master planning initiative.
- Provided campus construction information for upcoming neighborhood newsletter.
- Improved clarity of project maps at http://www.dcm.ku.edu/projects/.