Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Junior Day registration opened and email and invitations sent.
- ‘Transfer apply’ messages sent including a February 1 reminder postcard.
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Disbursed over $70 million in aid to SP14 aid recipients.
- Provided Retention grants to students with unexpected financial constraints, allowing them to enroll for SP14 before the first day of classes.
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Worked with OIRP to develop new FAFSA data reports.
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Sent Happy New Year email encouraging to pay new student fee.
- Sent customized email To Do list.
- Invitations (postcards and emails) sent to admitted students to attend out-of-state Jayhawk Nights.
- Email sent to admitted students who have not visited.
- Weekly scholarship awards to FA14 new admits.
- Continued work with Marketing Communications to develop a new Prospectus for FA14 admits.
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- Yield visits have been set up for February in India for newly admitted students. A KU recruiter will meet with admitted graduate and undergraduate admits in Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, and Mumbai. Group information meetings for prospective students have also been scheduled for these cities.
- High school visits have been planned in 5 cities in India between February 3 and 14. Eighteen high schools will be visited across the country.
- Summer/Fall 2014 International Freshmen Applications are up 5.4% from the same date last year.
- Summer/Fall 2014 International Transfer Applications are identical to the same date last year.
- Summer/Fall 2014 International Freshmen admits are up 10.3% from the same date last year.
- Summer/Fall 2014 International Transfer admits are up 40% from the same date last year.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- No new updates
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- No new updates
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- A virtual fair with students from Tajikistan was completed via Skype. Students had a chance to meet a recruiter and have their questions answered.
- Two worldwide inquiry student interactive video chats have been scheduled through CollegeWeekLive’s ALWAYS-ON platform. These chats are scheduled for different times to enable us to connect with students living in different hemispheres.
- A group of 20 Chinese high school students will be coming to campus to look at KU and hear about our educational opportunities.
- Two student webinars have been organized with Education USA Advising Centers.