KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The training plan that will be used to train staff as they transition to the SSCs is nearly complete. The plan should be finalized before the next bi-weekly update.
- The team continues to meet with relevant stakeholders to redesign SSC-related processes in the areas of travel, scholarships/fellowships, and graduate appointments. The team is also working closely with the Procurement Implementation team.
- Customer satisfaction survey is finalized as a tool to help assess the level of satisfaction with services provided to campus. This will be an annual campus survey, beginning this February.
- The SSC implementation plans were shared at the quarterly Grant Coordinators' meeting.
- The Communication Ambassadors met to discuss recent SSC decisions and announcements. View the presentation (PDF)
KU Regional Service Centers Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- The search for the first Finance Manager position within the LAS-SSC has closed. The search committee will begin reviewing applicants immediately.
- The implementation team continues to provide data to Dean Anderson to inform staffing support decisions for the academic related activities within the College (i.e., support for those tasks that are not moving to the Shared Service Center).
- The College Leadership Team met to begin planning to identify staff for the second wave of the College (Social and Behavioral Sciences). The wave will not transition to the LAS-SSC until July; however, staff will be identified over the coming week—providing staff who will move to the LAS-SSC the opportunity to apply for the SSC HR, Finance, or Research Manager positions.
- Karla Williams, LAS-SSC Director, and Dean Anderson met individually with each of the staff that will be moving to the LAS-SSC in Wave 1.