Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Reviewed submittals and recommended awarding of job order contracting contracts.
- Responded to questions from numerous firms regarding state advertisement for on-call contracts for architectural and landscape architecture services for KU.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhace KU's buying power
- Filled vacant accountant position.
- Negotiated additional services from auditing consultant for detailed condition assessments to facilitate prioritization of building system maintenance and replacement needs. Communicated with consultant and other departments to plan and schedule the work.
- Toured selected buildings with Travelers Insurance risk control specialist.
- Received construction audit report and management recommendations from Huron consultant. Received responses from contractor. Researched and evaluated construction auditing software and processes. Scheduled next meeting with Vice Provost.
- Met with vendor and other department representatives regarding life safety systems asset management. Exploring asset data import from a recent project.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Added database fields to track additional project information for key performance indicators report.
- Filled vacant administrative associate position.
- Coordinated with Business Operations Service Center regarding asset management of construction materials inventory in Maximo.