KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The training plan that will be used to train staff is complete for the first Wave of the Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)-SSC; most individual training owners have finalized dates and are preparing materials.
- The team continues to meet with relevant stakeholders to redesign SSC-related processes in the areas of travel, scholarships/fellowships, and graduate appointments.
- A cross-functional group has been assembled to develop scholarship tracking tools and Datamart reports to support the process of awarding scholarships. These tools will be piloted in the LAS-SSC. A subgroup is also working to develop a single, electronic scholarship form for applicants.
- The SSC Steering committee reviewed the staffing timeline for the LAS-SSC, governance model, organizational structure of the SSC, job descriptions for each functional area of the SSC, customer satisfaction survey, and training plan. Comments from the Steering Committee are being collected and incorporated.
KU Regional Service Centers Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Interviews for the first Finance Manager position within the LAS-SSC are underway. The Search Committee had an extremely strong pool of candidates from the University to consider.
- The Implementation Team continues to review transactional and staffing data to finalize the number of staff to be shifted into the LAS-SSC. The current focus is on the Wave 2 areas: the Hall Center, the Institute for Policy and Social Research (IPSR) and the Social and Behavioral Sciences departments.
- Jolene Fairchild and Karla Williams led an information session for the staff in the Social and Behavioral Science Departments; this also provided staff in these departments an opportunity to participate in a survey to provide information about future work preferences.
- The CLAS Leadership Team met to begin to identify staff for the second wave of the SSC. Over the next two weeks, team members will meet with Chairs to gather additional information about each department. The staff selected for the second wave will transition to the SSC in July.
- The implementation team continues to provide data to Dean Anderson to inform staffing support decisions for the academic related activities within the College (i.e., support for those tasks that are not moving to the Shared Service Center).
- A research leadership team to make staffing decisions for the Hall Center and IPSR is in the process of being formed. Appointments will be finalized before the next update.
- Karla Williams and members of the Implementation Team are meeting regularly with the Procurement Team to coordinate the KUPPS go-live for the first wave of the LAS-SSC.