Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Email sent to PSAT students
- Communications to students submitting FAFSA to KU, but haven’t applied for Admissions; encouraging them to submit an Admission Application
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Communications to continuing students who have submitted a FAFSA to KU, thanking them for submitting the FAFSA and advising of next steps associated with awarding Financial Aid and Scholarships
- E-communications to scholarship and Pell Advantage students, reminding them of award renewal criteria and academic resources available to assist in academic success
- Collaboration with Bursar colleagues to protect targeted aid recipients from late-payment fee
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Changes to the CredTran system that enable better performance were moved into production
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Customized email To Do list sent to admitted students
- Jayhawk Night registration continues
- Admitted Senior Jayhawk Days started
- Orientation registration went live on February 1
- Communications to new admits who have submitted a FAFSA to KU, welcoming them to KU and advising of next steps associated with awarding Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Continue to distribute scholarship award letters to transfer students and to FA14 admits with updated test scores/7th semester GPA
- Finalized plans for live FAS Web Chats in mid-February for new admits (in collaboration with Admissions and Marketing Communications)
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- The FY 2015 strategic international recruitment plan is under development. A new section is under development to incorporate the new KU Academic Accelerator Program into our planning.
- A recruitment and admissions retreat was held to prioritize opportunities and investments for the coming year.
- Zinch China representatives visited campus to review data from the previous year on prospect student web use in China. New web opportunities are now under review.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- IRUA’s recruiter departed for India and is currently visiting high schools and meeting with newly admitted students.
- The scholarship deadline has passed and merit-based scholarship recipients are being identified.