Progress made this reporting period:
- The Process Improvement and Training Committees (PITCs) are finalizing process mapping and shifting their focus to training needs and the identification of key performance indicators.
- The Travel and Expense PITC reviewed the developing SSC website. A subcommittee has developed a web form to facilitate communication with the SSC. The form is being refined to ensure easy options for faculty and staff to communicate travel needs with the SSC. While it is hoped that faculty and staff will find the form an easy method to reach the SSC, they may also communicate their travel needs through a phone call, e-mail or visit to the SSC.
- The HR in the Departments PITC reviewed the developing SSC website and provided input on the HR content. The committee also provided input on HR training needs of SSC staff.
- The Tuition and Scholarship PITC met to discuss the fellowship and award processes.
- The Financial Analytics and Budget PITC met to discuss communication between SSC Accountants and the units that they serve. The committee discussed the need to set up norms for communications, but to expect that SSC Accountants will meet with Chairs, Directors, Deans and Budget Officers on a schedule that works best for the units that they work for. The committee also outlined the training needs for SSC staff, department staff and for the Chairs, Directors, Deans and Budget Officers that the SSC work for.
- The web site for the LAS SSC is under development. Over the past several weeks, the Communication Leadership Committee and many of the PITCs have provided input on the design and navigation of the site.
- The Communication Ambassadors met to discuss recent SSC decisions and announcements. The presentation shared can be found here: http://cfe.ku.edu/documents/ssc/Communication_Ambassadors_11-29-12.pdf.
- The SSC Implementation Team continues to hold open office hours on Tuesday afternoons: please check the CFE SSC calendar for times and locations: http://cfe.ku.edu/documents/ssc/ssc-meeting-calendar.pdf.
- Questions about the Shared Service Centers may be submitted through the CFE website at http://www.ku.edu/contact/, or emailed directly to Changing for Excellence.