Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Held meeting with FS HR on status of critical hiring needs. Ten position announcements (some multiple fills) currently published online, with boiler operators also advertised in local papers.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Scheduled FS recognition events for both day and night shifts with early morning reception scheduled for Thursday 1/31 (for custodial night shift) and afternoon reception scheduled Wed 2/6 for all day shift (both maintenance & custodial).
- Received feedback on Safety Manager PD.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers, Zone Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the Zones and Central Shops. Meetings going well with communications across lines.
- Solicited input on tool requirements between zones and central shops. Larger, special equipment type tools will be stocked in proper numbers in 3 general locations – central shop, satellite tool locker at Zones 2/3 and satellite location at Zones 4/5/6.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Finalized PD for recycling coordinator under new sustainability model and sent to ROC for posting. Sustainability office relocating to FS Main site after winter break minor renovations.
- No current updates