Single Identity Management System
- For META, the team is continuing to work through issues such as user provisioning, password policies, challenge questions, self-service and attribute synching. We are researching tools to help manage the passwords. We are continuing to work on the communication plan to inform the impacted users. For AD, we are at a crossroads on the SIMS phase 1 project regarding Active Directory. We are seeking a decision on non-technical aspects of the project, which will have a long-term impact on the complexity of the technical design. We will engage an expert vendor for Active Directory design once this decision is made.
Leverage Software Purchasing
- Analysis of the software survey data is ongoing. Discussions have been started with the team implementing the upcoming mobile applications to ensure that the software web page and the mobile web page have similar categories for software and links to each other. Work is being started on the charge document for the Software Advisory Board.
Increase MFD Usage
- The team continues to monitor new progress and collect cost savings data.
- Members of the committee have worked to consolidate the results of over 750 registered servers into a central registry. Nearly 200 departments/groups have completed the registration process. Staff are actively working with departments that have not completed registration by the deadline. Three major Units have worked with the evaluation committee to review their results and develop plans for their future server hosting needs.
Reorganize & Redefine
- The new Technology Service Center (TSC) staff onboarding process has been reviewed and completed. The team has started working on exit procedures for both TSC customers and TSC staff. The next IT assessment is scheduled with the Public Safety Office and DCM / FS.
- We have activated the BGP sessions (routing) on the KU Peering Network. We are not advertising routes yet. We are actively filtering all inbound and outbound route advertisements. We are going to test the KU Peering Network for a while to ensure it is stable before advertising routes. In our next CFE network meeting, we will determine a plan to test the advertisement of routes, as well as come up with an implementation plan before going live.
Enterprise-wide Document Imaging and Workflow
- The Financial Aid and Admissions subprojects moved to production. The HR subproject continues in the implementation phase. Both CLAS and University Registrar subprojects continue in the design phase.
Campus CRM (Constituent Relationship Management)
- The consultant completed the workshops related to Business & Industry outreach. The project team is now waiting for the final report. The Graduate Studies and Business & Industry Outreach CRMs have been given the green light to move forward, separately from the Student CRM, with the caveat that in three years we will look at bringing all of these CRMS together. Project meetings are being scheduled for both of these projects now.
Campus CMS (Content Management System)
- All early adopter site administrators have begun migrating their web sites to the new CMS platform. The target date for deployment of early adopter websites is August 2012.
Early Warning System
- The summer pilot of Early Warning is complete. The fall pilot begins on 08/20/2012 and will be implemented in nine courses.
- Training for the fall pilot is almost complete. The fall pilot begins on 08/20/2012.