KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The research training program was finalized with RGS.
- Position descriptions, training materials, and all of the initial processes for the SSCs have been created. The project to build the foundation for SSCs was completed this period.
KU Regional Shared Service Center Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Nick Stevens, Karla Williams, and Michelle Ginavan Hayes completed the LAS-SSC process review with the Hall Center.
- Karla Williams continued to meet with the Chairs/Directors from the International and Interdisciplinary Studies units that will transition to the SSC in mid-August.
- SSC Leadership met with RGS to discuss a process for sharing sponsored project documents between the two entities.
- Karla Williams hosted the first roles and responsibilities meeting with the Chairs/Directors from the International and Interdisciplinary Studies units.
- The staff that transitioned as part of Wave 2 continued their initial SSC training.
- Sonja Stockwell, originally from the School of Business, was hired as the HR Program Assistant to support the units in Wave 3.
- Jama Lickteig, originally from the Department of Psychology, was hired as the Accounting Specialist that will support the College Dean’s Office from the SSC. Amanda Temple, an external candidate, was hired as the Accounting Specialist to support the School of Public Affairs and Administration.