Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Scheduled overtime in Zones 2 & 6 to properly staff early move-in day.
- Scheduled overtime for entire football season – first event is fan appreciation day Saturday 8/16.
- Met with Zones, Central Shops and employees affected by re-allocation of positions from shops into Zones. Targeting first pay period in September for transfer of 6 positions from Central Shops to Zones.
- Finalized PD for Fire Extinguisher maintenance position, and posted vacancy. Need to expedite process to have some time for overlap and training with incumbent, Ms. Karen Schoor who retires 9/15/14.
- Working with DCM and DSH to resolve HVAC issues continuing at GSP.
- Met with campus security committee to explore scalability of costs for recommendations to make progress in electronic swipe access to buildings.
- Completing last minute projects and preparations for move-in day.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Awarded FS Employee Advisory Council Employee of Month award for August to Mr. Ron England in Zone 1.
- Attended Accessibility Advisory Committee meeting and toured HawkRoute to evaluate signage and gain appreciation for challenges with accessibility on campus.
- Beginning preliminary work on collecting data for APPA annual submission of Facilities Performance Indicators.
- Working on developing policy on billable vs. non-billable painting work and KU standard paint colors.
- Maximo Reset project charter developed and project approved. Seeking funding to award contract with CFI consultants.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Working with City of Lawrence to implement school year schedule for servicing of dumpsters on campus. Also working to have City pick up dumpster service in numerous locations currently served internally by KU.
- Solicited volunteer among Boiler Operators to change to night shift to fill vacancy from retirement through a reassignment.
- Working road repairs on Sunnyside Ave to address worst sections on North side of road.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Met with Sustainability and Barry Swanson on energy savings programs and resource needs.
- Finalized PD for Energy Technician to monitor and adjust building HVAC operating systems for setbacks and special events.
- Grainger representative now scheduled for work in FS Storeroom 4 days a week Tuesday-Friday. Grainger submitted inventory analysis and project plan for proposed changes in inventory management, including custodial dens and cleaning supplies.
- Nearly complete in entering inventory items previously unaccounted for in Central Shops and Zones.