Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Implementation of FMW/ BudCast expected to provide basis for higher level discussions with budget officers and KU central administration.
- Initial wave of training sessions for budget officers and central staff has been completed; over 100 campus staff have participated.
- A tailored training session has been completed for staff in the CLAS Shared Service Center. During the week of 04/22, an additional training session was conducted for staff in the CLAS Shared Service Center regarding auto distribution of reports.
- While the first wave of training has been completed, specialized training and desk side coaching continue for all staff.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Status of the FMW/BudCast implementation:
- Continued development on the All Funds Budget template to be utilized in future budget calls
- Working on changes to the Budget and Financial systems to incorporate additional OOE categories into these systems to enable a more robust reporting mechanism for FY 2014.
- IT staff are working on the BudCast web site. Content will include:
- Link providing access to download BudCast
- Link providing access to download BudCast Report Viewer
- Technical FAQs
- Production Report Profiles/Screenshots
- Access to training documents
- FY 2014 Budget Call
- Budget Officers for deans and vice provosts continue to work on FY 2013 and FY 2014 spending plan summaries
- Discussions have been scheduled by the Provost's Office; eighteen meetings completed as of 04/26/2013.
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No current updates