Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Advertised RFP for exterior lighting poles and LED site lighting.
- Continued efforts to improve delivery of access control systems.
- Coordinated with Kansas Dept. of Administration toward finalizing on-call landscape architect contracts.
- Assisted KUMC with information on job-order contracting and procurement process for non-state funded projects.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhance KU's buying power
- Oversaw facility assessments performed by consultant with pending deliverables including lifecycle cost analyses and maintenance prioritization recommendations. Accepted proposal for assessment of an additional building. Evaluated and commented on preliminary report.
- Continued gathering information for comprehensive review of stormwater utility fees.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Advertised for accounting manager position.
- Re-advertised for vacant HVAC Worker position.
- Continued developing key performance indicators report.
- Received three former motor pool vehicles transferred.
- Commenced process of replacing two worn-out trucks.
- Attended Lean Facilities conference, briefed leadership team, discussed implementation of lean strategies.
- Partnered with City on traffic controls related to detour route for Iowa & Bob Billings project.
- Participated in campus master planning work sessions.