KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The Design Review Committee met to review the analysis of how research positions are structured and funded across campus. Based on the diverse nature of research centers, the implementation team will continue to evaluate the needs of each research center as they transition to the SSC model.
- A team lead by Brenda Maigaard, Assistant Vice Provost for Financial Aid and Scholarships, met to review possible software solutions to provide enhanced tracking abilities and projections for scholarships. The goal of this team is to provide enhanced information to the Chairs and Directors to facilitate scholarship decisions.
KU Regional Service Centers Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- The search committee for the LAS-SSC Research Manager interviewed candidates from the strong pool of internal applicants for this position. The committee is working with the goal of having this individual in place by June 1.
- Search committees were formed for both the LAS-SSC HR Manager and LAS-SSC Finance Manager positions. These internal searches will close on Friday, April 26. The final LAS-SSC finance manager will be hired this fall.
- Meetings were held with the staff in the CLAS Social and Behavioral Sciences who have been identified to transfer to the SSC:
- Andy Anderson, Finance (from Communication Studies)
- Carol Archinal, Finance (from Anthropology)
- Jo Eis Barton, Finance (from Center for Research Methods & Data Analysis)
- Connie Leonard, Finance (from Political Science)
- Monica McKinney, Finance (from Applied Behavioral Science)
- Mary Strickell, Finance (from Psychology)
- Marilyn Figuieras, Human Resources (from Speech-Language-Hearing)
- Michelle Lowrance, Human Resources (from Economics)
- The CLAS Leadership Team met for an initial discussion of the potential staff for Waves 3 and 4. Based on the discussions, additional fact-finding meetings will be held to ensure that all aspects of the work currently performed in the departments are understood. Information gathering will include:
- Interviews with department staff and business managers
- Benchmarking of workloads across other KU departments