Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Finished drafting Custodial services staffing model with the Custodial workgroup; model includes proposed supervisory structure and shift change.
- Met with the Custodial workgroup and discussed the possible need for custodial project teams in the new Facilities Services custodial organization – developed proposal for three custodial project teams of three FTE each.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Met with all of the Employee Morale focus group participants to share all of the groups' recommendations and discuss next steps for senior leadership.
- Completed final report of the Focus Group results with recommendations as to which actions to pursue for both quick wins and intermediate workplace improvement actions.
- Completed final draft of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between Student Housing and Facilities Services.
- Began reviewing customization history of Maximo in preparation for implementation development efforts that will be performed by Asset Partners.
- IBM provided demos to members of the KUFIS and Maximo teams of a fully functioning Maximo system and Tririga space management system.
- Negotiated Virtual Memory (VM) space with Central IT to house the Maximo system that we will be optimizing. IT is currently preparing the system for Asset Partners to provide installation support.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Worked on finalizing details for the merger of the Facilities Operations and Student Housing Maintenance and Custodial Services organizations, i.e. timeline of activities, managerial organizational chart, campus map identifying the new maintenance and custodial zone boundaries, position description for newly created positions with FS, and a job questionnaire for those interested in the new positions.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Continued working with the Energy workgroup to prepare draft marketing plan for KU conservation and sustainability efforts.