KU Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- The Implementation Team has continued work with the central offices to finalize Memorandums of Understanding outlining the role of the SSC versus the central offices.
- The implementation team has identified the initial Key Performance Indicators for the SSC and will work with central offices to determine the feasibility of extracting the necessary data from systems.
- As work is coming to the SSC, staff are testing new processes and systems and making changes as needed to fit with the departments' and central offices' needs. Recent changes to processes included:
- Working with the Bursar's Office to refine the deposit policy to provide for entry of the deposit into PS within 24 hours of the bank bag being deposited at the Bursar
- Developing a process to enable multiple Chairs served by one Accounting Specialist to have differing self-approval limits in KUPPS
- The Scholarship Committee met to continue work to develop scholarship tracking and projection tools and a single digital scholarship application. Systems will be evaluated over the coming weeks, including the opportunity to enhance the capabilities of Datamart to meet current needs.
KU Regional Service Centers Implementation: streamline job functions and improve business processes
- Karla Williams and Jolene Fairchild have held meetings with Wave 1 Chairs, Directors and staff to share the roles and responsibilities of the Wave 1 staff and discuss how staff will communicate with their departmental counterparts and Chairs and Directors. Much of the material from these meetings was shared with the Communication Ambassadors, and is available online
- On March 18th, the first staff members transitioned to the LAS-SSC! Staff are settling into Strong 50 and embracing their new roles. The first week focused on training of new processes and systems.
- The SSC web site is now live, offering forms, information and contact email/phone numbers for the SSC.
- Associate Deans Liz Kowalchuk and Anne Cudd worked with the Wave 1 Chairs and Directors to address the gaps created in the departments by shifting staff to the SSC. Because the snow days delayed these meetings, some staff in the SSC continue to spend significant time in departments to train staff taking over their responsibilities related to the department academic mission.
- The CLAS Leadership team is meeting with the Chairs and Directors of the Wave 3 and 4 departments (International and Interdisciplinary Programs and Natural Sciences and Mathematics).
- Jolene Fairchild and Karla Williams led an information session for the staff in the Natural Sciences and Mathematics; this also provided staff in these departments an opportunity to participate in a survey to provide information about future work preferences.