KU's Research Caliber: strengthen skills, technology, and retaining top performers
- The SSC research leadership team, that will be making staffing decisions for the Hall Center for the Humanities and the Institute for Policy and Social Research, will include
- Jason Hornberger, Assistant Vice Provost for Shared Service Centers
- Nick Stevens, Project Director for SSCs
- Karla Williams, Director of the Liberal Arts and Sciences SSC
- Mark Reynolds, CLAS Budget Director
- Steven Maynard-Moody, Director of the Institute for Policy and Social Research
- Susan Mercer, Associate Director of the Institute for Policy and Social Research
- Victor Bailey, Director of the Hall Center for the Humanities
- Sally Utech, Associate Director of the Hall Center for the Humanities
- Rodolfo Torres, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies
- Kristi Billinger, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- KU-L and KUMC have been coordinating the implementation of Click Commerce Institutional Review Board software. The software will streamline and strengthen IRB processes across both campuses.
- KU-L and KUMC are coordinating the Institutional Review Board implementation. The anticipated go-live date is June 17, 2013.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- The research award data integrity project is on schedule. The Post-award cleanup team has completed cleanup of NIH and NSF awards. The team is currently working their way through USDE awards.
- On March 14th RGS kicked off the next phase of evaluating current processes. We anticipate that this process will last throughout the month of April. Process mapping for current state and future state will be conducted for Proposal Services and Contract Negotiations. After the mapping processes are complete RGS will evaluate the current structure of central research administration and work with Huron to implement any changes needed to increase efficiency and service to researchers and administration across campus.