Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Finalized Fall 2015 recruitment publications, including website updates
- Apply messages continue to prospective freshmen
- Phone calls to students invited to upcoming events
- Rock Chalk Roadshow events took place in Pittsburg, Hays, Garden City, Salina and Hutchinson from August 24-28
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- FAS distributed emails to current students, advising them to enroll in sufficient hours for awarded aid before classes begin whenever possible
- Robo calls to all students who have incomplete Fin Aid files, reminding them to complete before the September bill due date
- Collaboration with SIS and Study Abroad to provide a list of Pell recipients, potentially eligible for Study Abroad Scholarship, so Study Abroad can distribute information about Study Abroad scholarship opportunities
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- No new updates.
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- EM Staffed KUVC & EFAS on Saturday, 8/23/14, to assist new students/families during Hawk Week Weekend
- Email and admit packets sent to admitted students for fall 2014 and all 2015 terms
- Fall 2015 scholarship letter distribution
- IRUA has formed a contractual agreement with Hotcourses to promote KU in Vietnam and throughout Latin America. Web-based & social media traffic will be directed to a 7-page KU profile written in the language of the country/region from regional search partners. IRUA will be provided advance lead data from inquiring students who request information about KU. This will extend our global reach and KU’s brand presence to 2 of our targeted primary and secondary recruitment regions.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- No new activity.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- No new activity.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- KU representation at an annual International Education Fair was facilitated by mailing Jayhawk promotional materials and soliciting KU alumni to assist in Asuncion, Paraguay,
- 2 virtual events promoting KU were presented as webinars: 1st with Indian prospects as follow-up to the summer recruitment trip to India; the 2nd was a general introduction to KU to prospects and inquiries from multiple countries.
- Individual meetings with multiple campus visitors from France, Ecuador and China.
- Additional new IRUA student ambassadors were recruited at the KU Information Fair.