Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Encourage to apply correspondence continues to prospective freshmen
- Transfer viewbook mailed to prospective transfer students
- Phone calls to students invited to upcoming events
- Jayhawk Day fall visits started
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- No new updates
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Final stages of updates to new online status check in Hobsons
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Email and admit packets sent to admitted students for fall 2014 and all 2015 terms
Admissions Rep intro email and postcard sent to admitted students and parents
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- Continue working with Marketing and Communications and the KU Office of Admissions to develop the shared admissions website.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- IRUA Admissions Teams is following up with KU partner, Shorelight, LLC, to review the admissions protocol so that we can build on the initiative started last spring. Additional Shorelight collaboration is underway with IRUA Recruitment Team on publication development and worldwide recruitment efforts to promote the KU Academic Accelerator Program.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- No new activity
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Launched the 2014-15 academic year with the new international student ambassador program with pizza party and orientation.
- KU representation at US University fairs was facilitated by sending promotional materials and working with Jayhawk alumni in Tokyo, Japan and Pune, India.
- IRUA recruiter, O’Hagan, is preparing for a recruitment trip to 5 S.E. Asian countries including: Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Indonesia. The focus of activity will be select high school visits.
- IRUA Recruitment Team has utilized Facebook and Twitter to post international alumni profiles throughout the spring summer. The growing library of profiles now includes 18 entries.