Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Hosted a recruitment kick-off for KU faculty and staff who assist with recruitment efforts
- Campus visits started on September 4th
- Application Push/Application Generation
- Outreach programming to guidance counselors, principals, gifted coordinators
- Outbound phone campaigns live
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- Continued active participation with the CFE PITC Shared Service Center team to analyze GRA, GTA, and scholarship workflow
- Participation in the CFE Communications Ambassadors Group
- Persistence Profile developed
- Conducted training sessions for FYE and Undergraduate Studies on use of predictive analytics to aid in retention management efforts
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Finalized data and language for the net price calculator
- Launched retargeting campaign aimed at generating applications
- Implemented Student-Self Reported Admissions
- Net Price Calculator Launched
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Finalized updates to the new student fee for the 2013 terms
- 20th Day Report Series to evaluate impact of strategies on yield
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- Committee established to hire KU's first international communications coordinator. The coordinator will help the office develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan for prospective and admitted students.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Established a spring semester agreement with Arturo Prat University in Chile to bring two sponsored students to KU for the spring term. A more formal agreement is under development between the two institutions to bring larger cohorts to KU for semester- and academic-year courses of study.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- Visiting Student Agreement has been finalized with Zhejiang Normal University.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Total enrollment exceeds 2,135 international students at KU. This is an all-time high.
- Incoming international Freshmen are up 41% from last year (120 students total)
- Incoming international transfer numbers are up 47% from last year (56 students total)
- Incoming study abroad student numbers are at an all-time high (57 students total)