Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Met with Housing on updated SLA, need to include linen and carpet process updates and finalize for signature for current FY. Move in week largely successful with minor process improvements to address, including sound prioritization of summer surge work and responsive staffing for HVAC issues identified late in process.
- Working with HR to adjust PM shop schedule to provide better continuity, after hours, and weekend coverage. Half of the crew will go on a Sun-Thurs normal second shift schedule and half will go on a Tues-Fri normal second shift (1:30-10:00 pm) schedule. Weekend days for this crew will be 9am-5:30pm as normal schedule. Change scheduled to occur next pay period.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Continued meeting with staff for feedback & info sharing, including Zone 3 and Zone 6 shops this week.
- Working with HR on market survey results – finalized job titles and levels, finalizing actual crosswalk of all employees to the new titles and proper levels. Correcting many long time discrepancies on position titles that do not reflect what employee does for KU and FS organization
- Reviewing new budgeting method with each Zone and Central Shop, as well as discussing how to address larger budget repair items that will have greater impact to individual Zones/Shops. Will roll up larger purchases for discussion with accounting and Shannan Nelson.
- Obtained estimates to expand Wi-Fi capability in shop building, storeroom, and warehouse FS areas that don’t have capability. Will forward on proposals this week for funding assistance
- Provided feedback to Employee Advisory Council on issues from last meeting. Addressing employee concerns in garage area and in organizational shirt selection.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Draft RFQ for consulting services on larger Maximo/Work Management software enterprise needs (including potential systems interface needs) finalized and sent out by procurement.
- Evaluating FS KPI’s and measures to improve them – Completed 4,264 work orders in August. Need to eliminate or not measure “standing” work orders since they drive up “average age” of work orders in current Maximo dashboard.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Finalizing proposals to assume service contract for Phoenix controls and Aircuity sensor systems in Haworth and Malott Halls. Service contracts initiated under the ESP Contract and now no longer included under that contract, but must remain in place to keep sensitive equipment operating properly. New cost is about $55K annually to maintain current levels of energy savings.
- Completed all annual inventories; accounting making inventory adjustments and will submit this week.
- ESG Consulting group scheduled to visit next week to kick off evaluation of FS procurement, inventory, and warehousing process improvements.