Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Workgroup met on 10/30 (BudCast analysts, and unit Budget Officers). Agenda items included
- The FMS team has established a series of training classes for the entire campus. The training sessions filled up almost instantly. They are also working with SSC depts. to schedule customized training sessions for them.
- In addition, the FMS team has revamped all the training materials that are published on their website. The training materials are referred to as Quick Reference Guides. Currently, they have one video tutorial on their website for reporting, but steps are being made to publish even more.
- Starting in November, the FMS / BudCast team will have BudCast open lab hours in Carruth room 31 ever Friday at 3 pm.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Meetings to discuss 06/30/2014 carry forward balance status have been set for deans/vice provosts, budget officer and A&F staff.
- As of 10/31, sixteen meetings have been held
- Four meetings remain - scheduled to be done by 11/12/2014
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No new updates